Skip to main content

KLIBF Day 2.

Pretty busy day. I arrived late at the booth, and the surge of schoolkids, parents with family in tow didn't make things easier. But the huge crowd did give give us quite a number of sales. Certainly much better than yesterday.

Met Firdaus Ariff in the morning who was nice enough to drop by and keep me company for a short while.

Later I met Azwan Ismail, who wandered into my booth with Fadli Akiti. They told me about Fadli's new sf book, Saga Horizon--"If you liked Opera Angkasa, you'd like this!" I told them I would certainly check it out. In fact, right after they left the booth, I rushed over to the Alaf 21 booth to get my copy.

When I asked the lady there about it she looked surprised. "How do you know about that book? We just printed it yesterday! Oh, wait you're one of Fadli's friends aren't you?" I said I just heard about it and wanted to buy it. (But the question remains! So how bout it Fadli? Would you be fwens with me?)

I also took the chance to drop by the Al-Ameen booth again, and this time I got to meet Nisah Haron. She graciously signed my copy of Puisi Untuk Esdyzuar while I told her about me listening to her on Radio 24 the previous night while I was driving home from the KLIBF.

When I switched on the radio, I didn't know who was talking; it just sounded like there was an interview with this young girl. But it soon became obvious that this "young girl" was pretty knowledgeable about blogs and blogging. I was like, "who is this person?" When I heard her mentioning Ujana Ilmu and about writing proper Malay while blogging, I knew it was Nisah.

I also met Faisal Tehrani again, who again I unashamedly asked him to sign another book (this time for my wife). We chatted briefly about not having the time to fully go around the fair to have a look around, especially with today's huge crowd.

Tomorrow is Kata-Suara day and I expect my brains might implode if I had any. Hope to see you there?

p/s
Did I tell you my car blew a tyre? It literally blew up! And that is why I was late in today.

Comments

  1. of coz ill be ur friend!! hey, nazri is the one who introduce me to ur blog, and i was like, "ohhh myyyy gooodd", ulasan2 budak ni gila lah.. tu lah, azwan tak intro dgn baik lah ari tuh.. and wa mmg malu2 sikit, malu2 kucing, :p

    anw, hope u enjoy the book... nazri is a pro.. im just a mere copywriter...

    and you? dgrnya akan keluar magnum opus SF sebenar?! Alaf's waiting if u wanna write in Malay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! mana dengar cerita ni! magnum opus apa... aku tau rebiu dan kritis je... bwahaha

    aku akan cuba baca saga horizon secepat mungkin dan menulis ulasan. Sekarang kena baca sayap adinila dulu. Hoho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, silakan, itu firdaus sangat berilmu, geliga otak walau masih muda!

    (heard from someone close to u btw!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lesson: Commemorative Covers are Lame.

Well, I got the first day cover that commemorates the 35th anniversary of the establishment diplomatic relations between China and Malaysia that I mentioned a couple of posts ago. Except that it's not a first day cover, it's a commemorative cover, which is a slightly different beast. I guess I should read the news article properly next time! The difference between the two is that first day covers are specially-designed envelopes stuck on with specially-designed stamps, and marked with a specially-designed postmark. A commemorative cover is a specially-designed envelope... and that's it. All in all, it's an unremarkable affair, especially if you're used to well-designed first day covers (not that Malaysian first day covers are well-designed... but I digress). Oh sure, a commemorative cover has a stamp printed right on to it but that's just like an overglorified aerogramme. Lame. On the whole, what a disappointment. I haven't been collecting first day cover

HOWTO: Get Rid of Silverfish

The bane of every book collecting person: the Silverfish. DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!! How to get rid of them? If one book has been infected, place it inside an air-tight plastic bag along with some silica gel desiccant. The silica gel is important to get rid of moisture, because you will now place the sealed plastic bag with the book in it inside the freezer. Leave it in there for a couple of days so that those bugs catch their death of cold. If you're feeling particularly paranoid, (like I usually am) feel free to leave the plastic bag in there for a week. If they're not dead, then you might likely have an infestation of zombie silverfish , which is out of the scope of this blogpost. But what if a whole colony of silverfish decided to invade your whole bookcase? Then you have to make sure you're ready for war. Place a generous amount of silica gel (or if you can find it, diatomaceous earth) behind your books at the back of the shelves so that moisture levels remain low.

Send me to Clarion West! - My crowdfunding effort.

I just launched my crowdfunding page to help fund my Clarion West trip on GoGetFunding and I am nervous as heck. Anyway here's a link . Any help or support much appreciated even if it's just to share the link around. Thank you so much!